Ideally, we would like to collect your personal information directly from you unless it’s unreasonable or impractical. This is usually referred to as solicited information. So, try to keep your details with us up to date!
There are a number of ways that we will collect your information. The main and preferred way is through our online channel, being our website and we will generally collect this to provide you with services or help. This can be done by you directly making an application for finance, visiting our website, requesting a quote, contacting us via email or telephone, if you’ve attended an event hosted by us, or even if you’ve applied to be an employee.
We will also collect Personal Information from you electronically. As an example, using our website, mobile applications and other electronic interactions will mean that we collect your information.
We use a specific technology called “cookies” when you visit our website. These cookies are stored on your hard drive and can be used to make it easier for us to remember you when you next visit our website.
We won’t ask you to disclose any of your personal information via public means, such as on Twitter, Facebook or any other Social Media site. If you do provide your Social Media account to link to your home loan account, we will not post any information to your Social Media profile unless you request to do so. We will use this information to communicate with you privately via messages on these platforms if you request us to do so.
From time to time, we may collect information about you from another source. We do this only where it’s necessary to do so. Some examples of when we do this and why include:
- When we are assessing your loan eligibility, we will receive a credit reference about you from a credit reporting body. We’ve got a whole section about this topic later on in this document.
- If we are checking the details of your property, both residential and the property that you are using for security. We will check the information via public registers including Sensis and Google.
- In order to provide our services, we may receive exchange information with your legal or financial advisers, your employer, or even your friends and family from their referrals.
- In order to ensure the prevention or detection of unlawful activities, regulatory bodies may provide us with information about you.
- A third party who we have contracted with in order to provide a service or product to our customers;
- Any external parties where you have asked them to provide your personal information to us.